Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Talk Like a Pirate Day

                                                                                                                     

                                                                                               
I've been working with children's after school programs for many years. We occasionally have fun theme days.  Recently I came across a holiday which is unknown to many.  That is "Talk Like a Pirate Day".  It is celebrated on September 19th.

Here's a link to the history and an explanation from Wikipedia:
It basically celebrates the romanticized version of Pirates of the old movies...  dress like a pirate, talk like a pirate and play pirate games.
In keeping with the theme, I've found some pirate items on Artfire:



Puppy Pirate Birthday Card
                                              ClaireMDesigns


 
BURIED AT SEA - Macabre Cabochon Necklace with pirate skeleton
Jetaime Designs

Pirate Puppy Party Favor Tags Set of 24
ClaireMDesigns

One dozen pirate pumpkin lollipops party favor suckers
Mandies Candies











 Glass Tile Pendant Necklace, Skull and Crossbones, Stained Vintage
                               cOnfus3dgurl

Pirate Puppy Party Favor Tags Set of 24
                           ClaireMDesigns
Happy Birthday Pirate Ship Card
                                                    Laura's CraftsChevron Pirate Digital Printable Thank You Card
                                             Ooh-La-La Printables



10 comments:

  1. Well, shiver me timbers I never knew there was "talk like a pirate day". I'd better get ready - and you've made that easy too with these neat pirate themed items from Artfire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you realize that you can set your language on Facebook to be English(pirate)? Take a look, it's pretty funny! Then swab the deck, matey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of friends who are aware of and celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day. I always seem to forget which day it is though. The items you selected are perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for educating me. I never knew about Talk Like a Pirate Day. If I had we would have had a lot of fun in my classroom every September 19! Do you have to walk the plank if you forget and slip up with 2013 talk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrrrr . . . My husband LOVES Talk Like a Pirate Day. Am sure he is going to drive everyone at work crazy today (: There's actually a Talk Like a Pirate Day song! Here's a link, it's hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCdNRPmCv9s What's a pirate's favorite vehicle? An ARRRV! Thanks for the post, Claire! Fun day, fun items you found and I bet the kids love Talk Like a Pirate Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know there was a "talk like a pirate day". I will need to practice for next year. Love the items you have seleted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll admit that I get a kick out of walking around going "Arrrrrr" one day a year. Great items featured for "Talk Like a Pirate Day"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not even know about this day lol. Love all the great items you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. me and Blu spent the day "arrrr'ing at everything - he is better at it than I am!

    ReplyDelete